Continuing with our series of FOWA Expo speaker interviews, we take a look at Daniel Waterhouse of 3i…
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? (ie. did you ever think you’d end up doing what you’re doing now?)
A. I did not imagine I would end up doing a job where I spend most of my time asking people what they want to do when they grow up!
2. What’s a typical day in the working life of Daniel?
A. There isn’t one. Only common thing is my head hurts a lot and my mind cannot keep up with the wild number of different things that happen each day.
3. What’s the best thing about working in the web industry?
A. Having to mess about with websites and pretending it is work – really tough checking out what is happening in the online dating industry
4. And the worst?!
A. The results from checking out what is happening in the online dating industry
5. In terms of technologies, what do you think is really exciting right now that could have a big impact on the future of web apps?
A. Semantic web technologies, silverlight/AIR
6. Whose work do you admire?
A. All of the successful entrepreneurs I meet – unbelievable
7. Messy desk or clean desk?
A. Er, clean
8. Beer or wine?
A. Both please
9. Mac or PC?
A. PC – all credibility destroyed I know
10. Do you have a secret talent?
A. Yes – but I’m not telling until after we get through Q8